Friday, December 11, 2009

How My Journey Began

A few months ago, my cousin and I went to see a medium in Woonsocket, RI. We were a bit skeptical about what we were going to see because we had no experience with this matter since we were raised as Catholics. I was never raised to be spiritual...just religion by the book. Anyway, my cousin has lost both of her parents within the past two years and our grandmother had past years back. We figured the medium would gravitate towards us since we would have this grand ol' posse "behind" us. He started at the other side of the autitorium and began his readings. The stories were raw and heartbreaking to hear but seemed so beautiful and uplifting for the family or friends listening. The thing that stuck out in my mind was that there was absolutley NO way this guy was making up these stories. I couldn't believe that I was I actually becoming a believer in something again. As he neared closed to my row, I began hyperventilating (as calm as possible without freaking out my cousin). The feeling was so great that I had tears rolling down my cheeks. The presence of the medium moved me so much because I wanted to hear a message. I wanted to hear the medium say "Dad is here... and he is saying he loves you and that he is so proud of you". But he didn't say those words to me. He walked right on by my cousin and I and the presentation was over about 15 minutes after. We left disappointed but a little hopeful. My cousin and I were thinking of funny reasons our loved ones didn't "show up", but I knew from then on something was going to change in my life.


2 comments:

  1. This is Roland Comtois. He is the medium I saw at Stadum Theatre and is basically responsible for my search for signs.

    ReplyDelete