Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dreams and stories

So last night I had a crazy dream about my dad. We were in the house I grew up in (which I dream about all the time) and we were all there to celebrate my mom getting married. All my relatives were there, even ones who have passed. My dad came in and it was as if he was still living and in the state he was in where he died- which means he was not allowed to even have a drop of alcohol...not even antiseptic mouthwash. I guess because of my mom remarrying he decided to show up to this party a little tipsy. In the dream he was emotional and giving a speech and telling my mom's brother-in-laws how much he loved them. It was sad I think because he felt like he was outside of the family now. Like he was looking in on something he wasn't apart of anymore. After that part, I remember he was sleeping in the old kitchen in a chair I really have seen him asleep in before. I woke him up and was asking him why he drank. I was so upset. I told him he was going to die now because his body couldn't handle it. In my dream we were reliving last moments together again. Except I remember questioning him a lot. I don't remember much from the dream except asking why. In the dream I remember laying with him in my bed which we also used to do when I had nightmares and couldn't sleep. I'd be squished againt the wall because it was a small day bed but I didn't care because I felt safe. It is interesting how I feel like I am connecting with him so often in my dreams. I had a feeling I was going to dream about him last night because in the new novel I'm reading, the main character's dreams were being controlled by immortals and that thought was probobly in my head still.
Tonight I went to my mom's house for dinner and I don't usually talk about this stuff around my brother but a lot of it came up. My mom is going to be going on her honeymoon and asked if either of us wanted to spend the week there to feed her cat. I said no because A: I'm allergic to the cat B: it hates me and would never come out to eat and C: because that apartment gives me the heebeejeebees. My brother asked about it and I told him I just get really uneasy when I am there overnight. He was telling me about ghosts in his apartment. That his girlfriend saw one when they first started dating and that he felt one sit near him. He also says he walks through random cold spots and I told him that was a sure sign of energy. Then Me, my brother, my mom, her fiance and my boyfriend we having a little conversation about random stuff. My mom's fiancee said that he has always tried to get attention of ghosts but has never experienced it. I thought, just like myself, he was trying too hard. My mom went on to talk about how people in Portugal often believed in witches and curses and she remembers talks of exorsisms. sheeeesh! I told her that animals can have a presence too! My cat, Sarah, died a few years ago and my mom said that she used to feel her jump on the bed after she passed but thinks it was just her imagination missing the cat....sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment