Friday, February 12, 2010

one of my favorite stories


So I love hearing everyone's stories and I would have never gotten to know this special side of people's lives unless this blog started. One of my favorites is Patty's.
Many, many years ago Patty lost a daughter which is a parent's worst nightmare. Every year on her birthday Patty and her husband would privately celebrate with lights strung up, cake... you name it. On that string of lights, there was one that did not light up (We all know that light... what a pain!). Even though the birthday party was a sore reminder of their loss, it was a celebration of a girl they missed. On one particular birthday the lights went up and of course that one light was still burnt out. In the middle of the "party" they looked up at the lights above the doorway where that one un-lit bulb was. Except for the first time, it was bright...their daughter was there. She was at her birthday party. She was with them.
Those are the types of stories I read in books that happen with mediums. This was an ordinary couple that recognized a sign. They really are all around us. Some of us look to hard. Patty's sister still waits for a sign from her father and it has been years since he passed. Maybe she looks too hard and looks in the wrong places. Patty, on the other hand, dreams of her father which is enough to feel connected.
My page is called SEARCHING FOR SIGNS. I titled the page way before I knew I would have any types of followers and what I have learned from reading and from talking to so many people is that YOU CANNOT SEARCH. You have to be patient and open. My cousin has been telling me that I cannot be scared or freaked out. Like any good thing worth waiting for, signs are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment