Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dreams

So, I have always been a really heavy sleeper as well as a vivid dreamer. For the past few months my dreams have seemed so real that I literally didn't know if those things had happened or I had dreamed them. I would ask people, "Did you tell me that...."? I really couldn't distinguish between my dreams and reality. Not only do I have vivid dreams, but I have reoccurring dreams. When I was very young I used to have a reoccurring dream that after my parents tucked me in at night they would leave the house and get on a boat where soon after they would get eaten by a shark. Weird right? I had that damn dream ALL the time!!! I have always dreamed about random people that I usuaually don't recognize but I did notice that after people have died I dream about them often. The first time this jumped out at me was when I was eleven. The last day of sixth grade, my good friend was hit by a truck while he was riding his bike. The driver was having a seizure at the time of the accident. One of the strange things I can't help thinking about is that he had given me a ride home on that bike that very afternoon. We all walked home from school and often hitched a ride on the pegs. That day we were all supposed to meet up. It was very sad...he was only 12. I had many, many dreams about him and thought about death so much that summer. I never thought about signs, but I felt like I was getting them. Seeing figures in clouds, white birds flying by. I remember thinking of "the other side" for the first time too. Will he age with us still? Can he see me right now while I am in the shower? The dreams were the worst. One in particular was set at the school we had just left. My friends and I were all running and laughing. I looked behind me and saw him standing there in all white close. He was saying "come with me". He began walking in the opposite direction and I slowly followed. He just kept saying "come with me". We eventually reached the top of a small hill. When we reached the top and said "stay with me". That dream obviously stuck with me and I think about him all the time. I dream about my grandmother every once in a while. My mom said she even walked by my room one night years ago and heard me speaking in Portuguese in my sleep. I have been having them about my father ALL the time. Not quite the same dreams but all the same theme... that he is still "living" even though he has died and everyone knows it. Often times he tells me to not tell everyone. It's like he is in hiding. Peaceful. Sometime I am crying when I wake up because I know that it my only chance to see him becuase I haven't receieved any messages from him. Part of me thinks that it's not his style to communicate with me from the other side but at least I have the dreams. One time during a nap... we were holding hands and it was so beautiful. Maybe it was poor circulation but that hand had tingles all over it while I was waking up. It was so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment