Friday, January 1, 2010

"Ghosts Among Us"


It has been about a month or so since I have recieved the book "Ghosts Among Us" by James Van Praagh from Lorraine. In this book, Van Praagh uses previous readings and his own experiences to illustrate the realness of ghosts and after life. I began reading the book at work (which is very difficult to do by the way), and could not put it down for the life of me. It was literally like an unquenchable thirst for information. I managed to read almost half of the book during the work day and I was glued to it at home as well. I hadn't been that excited about something I was reading since the twilight series, so this was a huge deal! In the beginning of the book it tells you that you will see the world with different eyes by the end of it and I found that to be true just after one chapter. I won't write all the things that interested me, or blew my mind because I would basically be summarizing every word and Mr.Van Praagh would have a problem with me if he ever happenes to read this. I will share this though; there is no end. We go on...love goes on. That message alone was enough to change how I see "life". We live for today because it is what we have, but who we are travels with us when we leave our shell of a body. The thought alone of what happens to us raises more questions than you can imagine. I had a list on my bookmark of things I wanted to find out from my readings such as what we look like or if we age. The important thing to keep in mind is that what we do here in our living life carries on to our after life. Just knowing that there is an after changed my way of thinking. Being a prisoner of my own anxieties had taken a tole on me over the past year. I was scared for every body I could think of. My mind would race at night because I knew that when I was sleeping I couldn't protect myself or the ones I care about. Reading this book has made me breathe a little easier. The sky looks a little bluer and living so much more valuable. I am learning that life is about energy and what we do with it. I can remember what I used to fear about death. I would miss the connections with the people, places, and things I loved. I found this to be particularly stronger when I fell in love with my boyfriend, Peter. Before him I wasn't really scared about much, but as our relationship progressed I couldn't even imagine not being able to feel that love... even in death. Death equalled darkness. Nothingness. I have always loved science so I adopted a lot of concrete logic (since I was craving for something to make sense) and all I could think of was a legitimate black out where everything in you just loses power like an old refrigerator. What I needed was a spiritual awakening; something that didn't have to do with theory, and I got one all because of this book. "Ghosts Among Us" is actually responsible for this blog. I needed to vent somewhere!

I am excited to share more about the book, and what I have been experiencing. I am trying my best to keep this chronological :)

Thanks for sticking with me!!

next blog--dreams and energy

*Visit James Van Praagh's website

No comments:

Post a Comment