Saturday, January 2, 2010

Playing with Energy

In Van Praagh's book, energy is a central theme. We are engegy and so are ghosts. Ghosts are attracted to places where there are many people gathered because they thrive off of this energy. Van Praagh talks about becoming aware of the energy that we produce because our auras can attract haunting and even evil spirits. Beyond protecting ourselves, it is important to understand energy so that we can feel when a spirit is present. Most people notice a tempurature drop and this is very common (i.e. feeling a cold draft on the back of your neck). Tingling in limbs is also a sign that someone is with you. In order to get a sense of what energy feels like, I followed a simple excercise that was written in the book. I sat in a comfortable position with my arms laying loosly by my side. I lifted them over my head so that I could lower them slowly to just below shoulder height. With my eyes shut and a few deep breaths inhaled and exhaled, I slowly brought my hands together (palms facing inward). Van Praagh says that when your hands are about a foot apart you can feel something between your palms. It can be a tingling sensation or a magnetic force and I happened to feel the latter every time I tried. I could feel by palms bouncing away from each other just like magnets would of the same charge. It was a pretty cool first experience with energy and I learned that energy is how some ghosts communicate with us. In some cases ghosts can muster up enough energy to move objects, which often happens when something is really pressing. Ghosts do not want to harm the living but sometimes people think the opposite because of the raukis they can cause (slamming doors, creaking floors).
While I understand energy, it is a harder concept to materialize. How can I tell if a spirit is with me if I always have a tendency to be cold? What if that tingle is just poor circulation? Those are some of the newer things I need to be more open about.
Interestingly enough, Van Praagh says that we can send out our energies to the living as well which I believe has happened to most of us. This can be most evident when you are thinking of someone and they call you. I always think it is awesome when that happens! I seriously think this happened to me a few weeks ago with James Van Praagh himself. While I continued to read his book and read his stories I wished more and more that I could meet him myself. I wished I could fly out to California but that would not be possible with work, school, and oh yea... no money. I just wanted a sign from him which I wouldn't think to be possible since he is living. So here is the weird part. I took a little nap and when I woke up, the tv show The Ghost Whisperer was on. Now, I have never seen this show. I don't know what time it comes on or what channel airs it. I don't really watch many tv shows and no offense but I could care less about Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jamie Kennedy. The odd part isn't about the plot of the show but who produces it. James Van Praagh himself is the creator of the show and based the program on a (medium)friend of his who I had just read about in the book. She speaks to earth bound* ghosts and so does the main charater in the show. I didn't know what to think about that whole experience but I felt like I was being heard.

Next blog: dreams
Blogs to come: Aunt Patty's beautiful sign and what cousin Rick knows.

**Earth bounds are ghosts that you would typically imagine thanks to movies (Translucent body, ability to appear and disappear,speaking). Earth bounds are "bound to the Earth" mainly because of unfinished buisness that needs to get tended to before they can pass on. This medium in particular can speak to Earth bounds and works with athorities to solve crimes! Van Praagh sees images of spirits who have passed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment